Thursday 3 October 2013

Work Diary - Blurring

In this session we changed the shutter speed of our cameras to a much slower shutter speed. Doing this made the photos blurry and made shooting outside impossible. It was difficult to know how to get good blurred shots and I wasn't too sure as to whether or not there was a particular type of blurring that I was looking for. 



I was trying to create photos using blurring that represented speed or movement, this photo doesn't show that. It was hard to keep any one thing in focus. Had photos like this one worked I think they could have looked quite good.












This photograph was chosen by my tutor for one of my straight prints. I didn't think that it was a good photo and certainly didn't think that it was the kind of blurring that was being looked for in this session.













If I were to continue with this session the I would stop looking for a particular type of blurring and just look for pictures of blurring in general, as it is what we were looking for; not speed nor movement, just the visial element that cannot be seen by the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment