Thursday 3 October 2013

Lines - Work Diary

Today was my first session, I was photographing examples of lines throughout the college. I found many examples and the session was quite easy. I found lines mostly in manufactured structures and  objects around the college, such as walls and paths. 




I took many pictures like this, brick walls are a very obvious example of lines and may be useful in patterns, too. THis picture could have been taken in such a way that only the wall and the lines that make it up are visible, this would have improved it.













I like the concept of this photograph more than I actually like it. I found a boy with a guitar and I though it was a great example of lines. If I had more time to take this photograph I am sure it would be better. It could look more like a representation of lines, rather than simply a guitar.











If I were to continue with this session I would definitely look for more lines in nature, perhaps in flowers or other plants, rather than the generic, straight patterns in man-made structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment