Thursday 3 October 2013

Pattern - Work Diary

Shooting pattern was very similar to shooting lines, lots of lines are made into patterns in the man-made structures that I was looking at. I did not enjoy this shooting session as much as I enjoyed shooting colour. LIke lines this subject is more tedious than colour, especially around the college as there is not a great variety of entirely different or interesting patterns. 


This photo is very similar to those of that I took of walls and lines in the previous formal element. THey vary in the way that lines, obviously concentrate on the lines in the walls, usually following a similar direction. Pattern concentrates on the repeated shape in the walls and in this case on the floor.











I was trying hard to find pattern in nature and flowers, as you can see this didn't go very well, though I'm sure I could find pattern in some plant or another.














If I were to continue this session I would pursue patterns in nature and the outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment